Sunday, October 31, 2004

Moving on part II

Selling Gasoline in Pnomh Penh

When you find yourself speeding against traffic without any change of heartbeat, when you notice you consequently cross roads without bothering to look left and right, assuming there will be a warning honk if you are in the way of something bigger and faster than you, it just might be about time to get your bags and move on. And so my visit to Cambodia nears its end. Halloween was over before I even knew it was there. I wonder if Christmas is going to be the same? And where I will be around that time of the year. I'm gonna miss this place, where the expats look like they just walked out of a 3rd rate gangster movie, and where a sloef of cigarettes (Marlboro indeed) costs only 7 euro's. Not that I smoke. But it's nice to know that it wouldn't cost me that much if I did. And in some cruel way, it's even more funny to know that those of you that do smoke, are paying way too much for it and don't even bother revolting against the governments and tobacco-companies for giving you all such a hard time. Hrrmph. (No, that is not the sound I make when I go to the toilet these days, as to be honest, most sounds that my body sems to make these days are the same for any kind of nature's call, big or small. Like Niagara waterfalls. But without the view. Still breathtaking tough, view or no view.) Hrmmph. (Ah yes, there it is again, it must be the sound of me objecting my mind for wandering off to far.)
Soksabai folks!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Erik, just to tell you that your writing is getting better and better. Good! Keep going... in a way it's our drug against the lack of happyerikness these days. (The Teaser)

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home