Thursday, January 27, 2005

Fishy business conducted during Ladiesnight...


I woke up yesterday with this terrible hangover caused by lots of Margaritas and even more beer. Also I noticed I wasn't in my seedy budget room but in an apartment somewhere beyond the suburbs of KL. And there were all these good-humoured Botswanian girls running around wrapped in colourful towels... The agony! I woke up in an apartment full of students (Did I mention they came all the way from Botswana?) and I could do nothing but run to the toilet to throw up or release other toxic waste and try to sleep trough my headache sweating like a pig! (Do pigs sweat? I imagine if they do it must look like me having a hangover and sleeping it off...) Seriously, I start to believe in God again, and He is out there to punish me in mysterious ways! I normally never have hangovers when in good company, but they didn't seem to mind having this sweaty grungy guy on the premises. Well, it proves you can meet some of the more fantastic people while travelling. I remember that after the Taipussam festival we all ended up in some place were ladiesnight meant free Margaritas, and so I ordered the same for me in order to switch my almost empty glass for a fre half-full glass every other 10 minutes or so, after which they would order themselves some more free drinks. And something about a taxi-driver who didn't talk for the first five minutes and then turned out to be one of the most funny cabdrivers of KL. Reminder to self: going out with a bunch of happy students (Hey, you know, they came from this place in Africa, Botswana I think it was... must have helped in prying loose even the most tight-lipped asians...) gives you a whole new perspective of having a good time. Call it a wicked time! Luckily I recovered a little before going back into the city or my stomach would have turned upside down with all those smells coming from hawker stalls. It still did, but I didn't have anything left to give up at this point. Except my casual "I don't have a hangover" stride of course.

PS: If you know the right places, every night is a Ladiesnight in KL... The horror!!! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home