Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The nights in Bangkok...

And hello again dear friends... Seems like it's finally slipping into my system, the feeling that I'm somewhere far, far away from Home.. Well, it's not such a bad feeling now, it's more or less a vague reminder that this time I'm in it for the three month-package. At least I'm adapting to this simmering heat that you can only escape by going out for a bite or some shopping in the many malls this city has.
When you start going out without your map of Bangkok in your pocket, you know you are getting adapted to this city and it's strange rules...
And when you wake up one morning on someone's couch instead of in your guesthouse room, you know you are getting more than just a taste of this city..
Well, if you wake up in a big house where all is quit and you notice a big box full of happy grass next to that couch you never saw before, maybe it's time to pack your gear and get going...
Nevertheless I couldn't help myself but go up he stairs and get a little peek. First floor, a happy couple is sleeping trough their hangover and the bruises of last night's wild ride. I remember the girl had a big bruise on her head when we entered the house, and she explained she had shattered a plate from the household on her head, because she was angry with her boyfriend. A friendly Irish boy, currently teaching one of many English courses in the Thai industry. When asked for a reason, she explained she could not hit him on the head, because then he would be in pain and maybe get himself hurt. She didn't want that to happen... Guess she wasn't mad enough to hurt him, but crazy enough to proof her angry feelings. The boy in return had a bruised index-finger, and claimed he too had suffered because of their dispute. He had gotten his finger in the fan by accident and got pissed off at the fan so smashed it. Thus leading to the smashing of the plate, as the owner of the fan wasn't too happy with is course of action... Now everything was settled tough, and as I swa them snoring, arms and legs mixed in a tender noodle-style, I went off to the next floor. I expected to get a glimpse of what is known as nearly every healthy man's wet dream: 2 girls curled into each other nakedly and uncovered. Alas, seems like they hadn't kept their promise and had slept in their evening gowns. No problem, close but no cigar still gets me smoking... Alas again, one of the two girls was obviously missing.. She must have slipped past the couch without me noticing. Not too difficult a task as you consider the amount of Lariam and happy grass mixing in my system.. But still, there was the little girl that looked 16 but was allready a full 25 years old. The one that made me end up in this sleepy house of happy disorder. Mind you, she never forced me to do anything, unless smiling innocently and dancing so ferociously sensual that Mata Hari herself would blush is considered forcing...
She lay there, unaware of this big hairy Belgian with his 5 o"clock shadow and red eyes whom were resting on her... THey way she calmly snoozed her way trough the first part of the day was quite a happy sight, and to make this memory last longer I decided to leave unnoticed and on to my dampy hot guesthouse. Apart from a little breakfast set-up in their kitchen I left no sign of my visit to their house, and just sat smiling foolishly on some public bus that took me not even near to my point of origin. Well, who bothers?
Sanuuk dii khap!!
Soon I will be boarding the train to Kanchanaburi, where the ill-famous Bridge over the no less famous river Kwai lays. Several thousands POW died here, laying the hands on a trail that should eventually have led to Istanbul.
Greetings...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ja allow, wa da gij allemaal nie meemaakt; maffen, gluren, schrijven en stappen. Keep up the good work, cheers / Lippe
ps waar blijven de foto's?

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home